.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Send your comments about TV -- reality or un -- to ELinerTV@aol.com. And check out my other blog: PhantomProf.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Before I get to the finale of "Joe Schmo," this just in: Rob Campos, NBC's "For Love or Money" star (he was the one who picked Erin, who picked the money, got her own show and rejected Rob AGAIN), was right here in the halls of Southern Methodist University at 11 a.m. on a Wednesday. Reality TV follows me wherever I go. Campos was hanging out here at SMU to speak to a Media Ethics class. The professor came and grabbed me because, heck, I'm known as the one around here who is the total, unabashed reality-TV whore. Campos was a nice fellow. He has a MUCH better haircut than the oily mullet he wore on the show. Told me NBC owns his ass for the next year. They even made him take down his website, where he was posting pix that he took during the 3-1/2 week taping of "FLOM." Yes, he could date some of the 14 women from his show if he wanted to, but no, he doesn't want to. He dates regular women now but get this, last Sunday he took a date to Joe's Crabshack here in Dallas, where they were seated at a table in the middle of the room. He was soon mobbed by a dozen teen-age cheerleaders and their moms, snapping photos and getting his autograph. What kind of guy takes a date to Joe's Crabshack? Was the line too long at Macaroni Grill? From what he told me, it sounds like he's still living on NBC's payroll. They recently flew him to Australia to promote the show there. He asked me if he should accept VH1's invitation to the "Hot in 2003 Awards" and I warned him they'll probably make fun of him if he's in the audience. I don't think he minds that. I think he likes being famous. I'm not sure he realizes his 15 minutes were over 15 minutes ago.

OK, "Joe Schmo" was fan-frigging-tastic. Great finale of the weirdest, most insanely genius reality show yet. But I'm tired of typing, so more later. My sandwich has just arrived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home